Published on : Thursday, July 30, 2020
Overwhelming response at CIFM/interzum guangzhou, as the opening reawakened hope for the entire woodworking machinery, décor and furniture production industry. The trade fair opened in South China to much industry anticipation – not only because of its reputation, but also as the first furniture production event to be held after the coronavirus pandemic restrictions have been lifted.
Originally scheduled in March, and traditionally held alongside the China guangzhou International Furniture Fair (CIFF) office segment, the new date also saw this year’s event coinciding with the home installation of CIFF which features household furniture. The triple events showcase industry verticals comprising finished furniture, production equipment and raw and auxiliary materials under the same roof, offering attendees a chance to grasp the trade dynamics of the entire industry.
A total of 806 domestic and international companies participated in the exhibition. Mr Keith Tsui, Managing Director of Koelnmesse (Beijing) Co., Ltd. said at the opening of the event: “interzum guangzhou originated from interzum, the top event in the global furniture production field with a history of nearly 60 years. The past 17 years of hard work has enabled the interzum platform to continuously maintain a strong foundation for the growth of the furniture manufacturing industry in China, which the result and contribution is highly recognized.”
“This year, the pandemic has caught the world off guard and global economy has been on a rollercoaster ride unexpectedly. Despite that, China’s anti-virus measures and control has been proven effective in the past months and economy in China has been recovered in a very healthy pace, especially in Guangdong province where major exhibitions have resumed one after another. We are excited about it and hope this year’s CIFM/interzum guangzhou amidst difficult moment still continues to bring great business opportunities to our visitors and exhibitors.”
With strong consumer demand, market confidence in China remains and it is widely believed that the pandemic has only delayed and suppressed some consumption, the long-term improvement of China’s economy has not changed. Despite the coronavirus crisis, furniture raw material manufacturers in various countries have insisted in their participation due to the strength of China’s furniture industry and the power of the CIFM/interzum guangzhou platform.
Some of the renowned brands that have showed similar confidence by exhibiting at the four-day show include:
Woodworking Machinery & Cutting Tools:
• Paolino Bacci, HSD (Italy); GreCon; Vollmer (Germany); Nanxing, WDMAX
• Upholstery Machinery & Pneumatic Components:
• Elektrotek (Turkey); Limoss, Duerkopp(Germany); LINAK (Denmark), Nantong Healthcare (US); Lianrou, Yuantian, Huajian, Jiecang
Upholstery Materials & Accessories:
• Lien A (Vietnam); Richard Pieris (Sri Lanka); Pressless, Bodet & Horst (Germany)
Hardware & Components:
• Ferramenta (Italy); Samet (Turkey); Koyo (Japan); FREITAS IRMÃOS (Portugal); Stabilus, Suspa (Germany); Bai Fu (Taiwan); Union Star, Lianxun, Huali
Wood Products & Adhesives:
• H. B. Fuller (US); Henkel (Germany); French Timber (France); Urufor (Uruguay); Malaysian Timber Council (Malaysia); Quebec Wood (Canada)
Interior Decor & Accessories:
• Schattdecor, Impress, Technocell (Germany); DNP (Japan); LG, Hyundai (South Korea)