AMA Research Indicates UK Water-Saving Plumbing Products Market Growth

Published on : Wednesday, August 20, 2014

amaresearch_According to the AMA Research the UK water-saving plumbing products market is expected to grow by 35% by 2018 – reaching around £220m.

 

The report estimated that the market was worth £164m in 2013 at manufacturers’ selling prices, driven by an improving economy and a rise in house building levels.

 

Water-efficient bathroom products account for 87% of the sector, while water recycling systems make up the remaining 13%, reflecting ‘an increasing awareness and demand for water-saving products in UK homes and businesses’.

 

Researchers said the market is set to be ‘driven by government legislative changes and growing concerns and attitudes towards water usage and its impact on the environment’, with the European Water Label – introduced by the Bathroom Manufacturers Association – likely to contribute to this.

 

 

AMA Research director Keith Taylor said: “With around seven million inefficient high-flush WCs still in use in the UK, there is a significant replacement opportunity that could achieve substantial water savings.”

 

The report estimated that last year around 22% of all UK properties had at least two bathrooms, while 41% had two or more cloakroom/WC facilities.

 

 

Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Follow Us:-
 
     
 
 

Subscribe Newsletter:

Subscribe Our Newsletter!
E-mail:
 

ADVERTISEMENT

  • 04 Decofair Saudi Arabia 17
  • 06 idfoman 17
  • 6MIFF 2018
  • 07 thebigshow 18
  • 08 Mebel-Expo 2018
  • 09 Technomebel 2018
  • 19 Furniture USA
  • 20 furniture-global